Trinity Street/King Street Lower, Wexford
Monitoring of construction-related groundworks was undertaken here between January and March 2003. Previous testing by Ellinor Larson (Excavations 2002, No. 1932, 02E1652) revealed the presence of a stone-built wall which may represent a phase in the post-medieval development of Wexford's quays. The wall was preserved in situ beneath the footprint of the new structure, an extension to the Talbot Hotel. No further archaeological features or deposits were encountered during the monitoring of groundworks.
Catherine McLoughlin, Stafford McLoughlin Archaeology, Unit 4, Enniscorthy Enterprise Centre, Milehouse Road, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
Back to 2003 County Wexford Site List
Back to 2003 County List
Back to Year List
for the database resides with Wordwell Ltd in association with the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and the Department of the Environment, Northern Ireland, and for the
individual reports with the authors.
Site designed by Aisling Flood, Wordwell Ltd. Database software and hosting