Tipperary
2006:1820
Bansha
Modern
19558 13302
TI067101
06E0100
Monitoring was undertaken in the centre of Bansha village pursuant to granted planning permission to build 22 houses and undertake associated site works. The works were sited within the urban zone of archaeological potential for Bansha, with the castle c. 200m to its north and the church and graveyard 50m to its south.
Monitoring of topsoil-stripping uncovered no archaeological remains on the site. Four features were revealed but none were of any great antiquity. A stone culvert was exposed; a modern concrete channel/gully and two removed field boundaries were also revealed.
Mary Henry, Mary Henry Archaeological Services Ltd, 17 Staunton Row, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.


Back to 2006 County Tipperary Site List

Back to 2006 County List

Back to Year List


Copyright for the database resides with Wordwell Ltd in association with the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and the Department of the Environment, Northern Ireland, and for the individual reports with the authors.
Site designed by Aisling Flood, Wordwell Ltd. Database software and hosting by HostIreland.

Duchas logoHeritage Council logo